Every weekday I write a post at Open Culture, usually to do with literature, film, music, art, television, radio, or language. I’ve done over 1000 so far, but on this list (which I’ll revise every so often) you’ll a few of my favorites: Close Personal Friend: Watch a 1996 Portrait of Gen-X Definer Douglas Coupland David Byrne: […]
- Guardian Cities: 45 Years of Reyner Banham’s “Los Angeles: The Architecture of Four Ecologies”
- Korea Blog: the Freakishly Fluent Foreigners of “Non-Summit”
- Los Angeles Review of Books: Donald Richie’s “The Inland Sea”
- So What Is this Los Angeles Book I’m Writing?
- Korea Blog: Lost in Seoul, a New York Poet’s Memoir of Marrying into a Transforming Korea