Every weekday, I write a post at Open Culture, usually to do with literature, film, music, art, television, radio, or language. I’ve done about 800 so far, but on this list (which I’ll revise every so often) you’ll a few of my favorites: Close Personal Friend: Watch a 1996 Portrait of Gen-X Definer Douglas Coupland David Byrne: From […]
- The Los Angeles Review of Books Podcast: J. Ryan Stradal
- Portland, the City in Cinema
- This Friday: a free screening of Blade Runner in San Francisco, introduced by yours truly
- It’s the Final Day to Fund “Where Is the City of the Future?” — But Will This Urbanist-Travel-Cultural Journalistic Journey Happen?
- Diary: This American Road, Raleigh (and Asheville)