I don’t know — I just feel like the most authoritative guide to gentlemanism must come translated from the German. Despite, or maybe thanks to, four credited translators, Bernhard Roetzel’s Gentleman’s Guide to Grooming and Style (known in other editions as Gentleman: A Timeless Fashion) retains a certain steely yet askew exactitude. When the translated […]
- Notebook on Cities and Culture S4E31: Is This London? with Iain Sinclair
- Notebook on Cities and Culture S4E30: Masters of the City with PD Smith
- Los Angeles Review of Books Podcast: Sandra Tsing Loh
- The Korea Tour Kickstarts now — 한국에 갑시다!
- Notebook on Cities and Culture S4E29: This Used to Be the Future with Owen Hatherley