What building most clearly signifies Los Angeles? In a built environment with few easily legible architectural icons, the Bonaventure Hotel has come to stand for the city as no other building does. Since opening in 1976, John C. Portman Jr.’s quintet of reflective cylindrical towers atop a stark concrete base has played in urban Los […]
- The Los Angeles Review of Books Podcast: J. Ryan Stradal
- Portland, the City in Cinema
- This Friday: a free screening of Blade Runner in San Francisco, introduced by yours truly
- It’s the Final Day to Fund “Where Is the City of the Future?” — But Will This Urbanist-Travel-Cultural Journalistic Journey Happen?
- Diary: This American Road, Raleigh (and Asheville)