Portland hardly runs the risk of cinematic overexposure, but when we see real a Portland movie, one with a sense of place, we remember it. These run the gamut from the 1950s noir morality play Portland Exposé and nuclear-strike preparedness special A Day Called X to Penny Allen’s 1978 land-use satire Property to the work […]
- The Los Angeles Review of Books Podcast: J. Ryan Stradal
- Portland, the City in Cinema
- This Friday: a free screening of Blade Runner in San Francisco, introduced by yours truly
- It’s the Final Day to Fund “Where Is the City of the Future?” — But Will This Urbanist-Travel-Cultural Journalistic Journey Happen?
- Diary: This American Road, Raleigh (and Asheville)