With more than 21,500 stores in 64 countries and territories, the Starbucks coffee chain has enjoyed the image of omnipresence for so long that jokes about walking across the street from one branch straight into another have themselves become clichéd. In certain cities, it’s simply the reality: Seattle, for instance, where the now universally recognised […]
- Guardian Cities: 45 Years of Reyner Banham’s “Los Angeles: The Architecture of Four Ecologies”
- Korea Blog: the Freakishly Fluent Foreigners of “Non-Summit”
- Los Angeles Review of Books: Donald Richie’s “The Inland Sea”
- So What Is this Los Angeles Book I’m Writing?
- Korea Blog: Lost in Seoul, a New York Poet’s Memoir of Marrying into a Transforming Korea