With more than 21,500 stores in 64 countries and territories, the Starbucks coffee chain has enjoyed the image of omnipresence for so long that jokes about walking across the street from one branch straight into another have themselves become clichéd. In certain cities, it’s simply the reality: Seattle, for instance, where the now universally recognised […]
- The Los Angeles Review of Books Podcast: J. Ryan Stradal
- Portland, the City in Cinema
- This Friday: a free screening of Blade Runner in San Francisco, introduced by yours truly
- It’s the Final Day to Fund “Where Is the City of the Future?” — But Will This Urbanist-Travel-Cultural Journalistic Journey Happen?
- Diary: This American Road, Raleigh (and Asheville)