The size of the economy, the quality of the architecture, the activity on the sidewalks, the cleanliness of the streets: we can evaluate a city in any number of ways. But in my travels through North America, Europe and Asia, I’ve found no more telling indicator – and at times, no more important one – […]
- The Los Angeles Review of Books Podcast: J. Ryan Stradal
- Portland, the City in Cinema
- This Friday: a free screening of Blade Runner in San Francisco, introduced by yours truly
- It’s the Final Day to Fund “Where Is the City of the Future?” — But Will This Urbanist-Travel-Cultural Journalistic Journey Happen?
- Diary: This American Road, Raleigh (and Asheville)