Colin Marshall sits down in Los Angeles’ Miracle Mile district with photographer Mark Edward Harris, author of such books as Inside North Korea, Inside Iran, The Art of the Japanese Bath, and Faces of the Twentieth Century. They discuss filmmaker Abbas Kiarostami’s introduction to his Iran book, and his rule about always excluding people from his own photographs; the importance […]
- Guardian Cities: 45 Years of Reyner Banham’s “Los Angeles: The Architecture of Four Ecologies”
- Korea Blog: the Freakishly Fluent Foreigners of “Non-Summit”
- Los Angeles Review of Books: Donald Richie’s “The Inland Sea”
- So What Is this Los Angeles Book I’m Writing?
- Korea Blog: Lost in Seoul, a New York Poet’s Memoir of Marrying into a Transforming Korea