I began writing for Open Culture with a post on In Search of Haruki Murakami, a BBC documentary on the elusiveness of the novelist and his work. In the years since, I do believe I’ve written more about Murakami there than I have any other culture figure, Western or Eastern, living or dead. (Orson Welles probably […]
- Guardian Cities: Los Angeles and the ‘Great American Streetcar Scandal’
- Where Is the City of the Future?: You and a Bunch of Parking Lots
- Korea Blog: Korea’s English Fever, or English Cancer?
- Saturday, May 14: KoreaFM Live with Chance Dorland, Robert Koehler, Travis Hull, and Colin Marshall
- Guardian Cities: How Singapore Became the Most Meticulously Planned City in the World