I haven’t set foot in a Nordstrom in years. Come to think of it, maybe I’ve never entered one at all. They seem expensive, and I — perhaps you, too — tend only to break out that kind of money at the most obscurely specialized of specialty shops: places with new-old-stock tie clips from sixties […]
- The Los Angeles Review of Books Podcast: J. Ryan Stradal
- Portland, the City in Cinema
- This Friday: a free screening of Blade Runner in San Francisco, introduced by yours truly
- It’s the Final Day to Fund “Where Is the City of the Future?” — But Will This Urbanist-Travel-Cultural Journalistic Journey Happen?
- Diary: This American Road, Raleigh (and Asheville)