Though often overlooked as one of the great West Coast cities, Vancouver, BC synthesizes many of the most appealing qualities of its American counterparts. The Canadian outpost combines San Francisco’s walkability, Portland’s livability, Seattle’s seaside surroundings, and Los Angeles’ slickness, all in a carefully designed urban setting. The city’s current state is the result of […]
- Guardian Cities: 45 Years of Reyner Banham’s “Los Angeles: The Architecture of Four Ecologies”
- Korea Blog: the Freakishly Fluent Foreigners of “Non-Summit”
- Los Angeles Review of Books: Donald Richie’s “The Inland Sea”
- So What Is this Los Angeles Book I’m Writing?
- Korea Blog: Lost in Seoul, a New York Poet’s Memoir of Marrying into a Transforming Korea